The Beekmantown Central School District has an opening for an individual willing to volunteer their service for a seat on the Board of Education until May 21, 2019.
Interested individuals should submit a written response to the question “Why you are interested in serving on the Board of Education?” to Joanne Menard, District Clerk by October 26, 2018 by e-mail email@example.com or mail (Beekmantown Central School District, 37 Eagle Way, West Chazy, NY 12992).
Qualifications for Member of the Board of Education:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.